7 reasons to enter the South Holland Business Awards.
17th July 2017
Entries are now open for the South Holland Business Awards on Thursday 23rd November, and local businesses are gearing up for yet another fantastic celebration.
The awards recognise and celebrate the hard work and innovation being carried out in the South Holland business community and last year, over 200 guests were in attendance and dressed to the nines for the biggest sell out event to date – all organised by Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce.
So if you’re a business operating in the South Holland area and haven’t thought about entering for an award this year, well here’s a few reasons why you should give it some serious thought.
- Increased confidence and motivation - “Winning the award definitely gave me an extra boost of confidence and motivation” – a quote from last year’s Apprentice of the Year award Nicole Sleaford from Infotel Solutions. Winning an award as special as this will create a buzz among employees and give everyone a better sense of confidence which can only lead to positivity, productivity and happiness in the workplace.
- FREE PR & Marketing - All entrants will automatically receive free PR services from the Chamber of Commerce. This will include featuring in our monthly e-shots (sent to our whole member database), being included in our monthly Chamber Matters magazine which sits inside the Lincolnshire Echo newspaper, getting mentioned in the news section on our website and our monthly news columns which are sent to the Spalding Guardian (yes, get seen on this page).
- Opportunity to attend a high business profile event - The South Holland Business Awards are one of the most popular business events to happen in Spalding and it only comes around once a year. Therefore it’s a great opportunity to get your business seen and heard, whether that’s through entering an award, sponsoring a category or coming along for the three course meal.
- Access to other like-minded businesses - Have you ever met or even socialised with your business neighbours? The South Holland Business Awards provide the perfect setting to get to know your peers outside the office environment, over food, wine and live entertainment. A nice ice-breaker and a very memorable way to meet people.
- Show customers and clients what you’re made of - Do you ever feel like your business could do with some extra recognition? After all, you work hard all week long so why not just go for it. Winning an award provides an extra level of credibility, it’s a nice touch on the end of an email signature or even as a pop out box on your website. It gives customers confidence in your product/service and builds instant trust between you and your target audience.
- Awards can set you apart from other similar businesses including your competitors - It creates a real selling point for your business helping you stand out from the crowd, and it really is something to brag about. Also, why not proudly display the award in your reception/office area ensuring it’s the first thing clients see when they walk into your establishment.
- A night out for the team - Once the summer holidays are over, it’s nice to have an in-between event during the build up to Christmas – keeping spirits high and getting everyone excited. It’s something fun that the whole team can look forward to.
Winning a business award and becoming a finalist has innumerable benefits, so enter today for your chance to win and be part of something big in your local community.
Applications can be downloaded from the website at www.shb-awards.co.uk
- Apprentice of the Year
- Business Person of the year
- Supporting the Community Award
- Customer Care Award
- Business Innovation of the Year Award
- New/Small Business of the Year Award
- Business of the Year
Tickets are just £32.50+VAT for Chamber members and £42.50+VAT for non-members. Tables of ten can also be booked at a 10% discounted rate.
The Chamber look forward to seeing you at the Springfield’s Conference and Events Centre in November for the awards dinner and ceremony.